Semiconductors are essential to all IT products, and its performance often determines the performance of the final products. SK hynix is the global leader in producing semiconductor, such as DRAM and NAND flash and System IC including CMOS Image Sensors. Since pilot production of Korea’s first 16Kb SRAM in 1984, SK hynix consistently led the industry with smaller, faster and lower power semiconductor.
SK hynix has recorded high performance by tracking and foreseeing the market change. On year 2011 base, SK hynix ranked 2nd position with a 23% worldwide market share in DRAM market. It has also a 10% NAND Flash market share. It also takes 8th position in global semiconductor market. SK hynix will strengthen the world’s top level of technology and continuously diversify the product portfolios.
Featured Articles and Newest Products
SK hynix Starts Mass-Producing World’s First 128-Layer 4D NAND
- Mass-producing 128-Layer 1Tb TLC, the highest vertical stacking and highest density for a TLC NAND Flash chip
- Significantly improved profitability with 40% higher productivity and 60% better investment efficiency
- Sales to begin in the second half of this year, targeting high-capacity mobile and enterprise SSD market
SK hynix Launches World-Class Low-Power NVMe Enterprise SSD
- SK hynix launched a low-power NVMe Enterprise SSD that offers best-in-class random read performance for power consumed and world-class Quality of Service
- All core components (controller, NAND, and DRAM) for not only Client SSD but also Enterprise SSD are designed, developed, and mass-produced completely in-house
- The launch will allow SK hynix to bolster its position in the Enterprise SSD market on top of the market for datacenter SSDs for the cloud
SK Hynix Ships Samples of High-Performance 96-Layer 1Tb QLC 4D NAND
SK hynix Demonstrates Industry’s First ZNS-based SSD Solution for Data Centers
Seoul, March 25, 2019 – SK Hynix Inc. (or ‘the Company’, www.skhynix.com) announced that it has demonstrated the industry’s first Solid State Drive (SSD) solution that meets specifications of Zoned Namespaces (ZNS), the technology being considered as a standard for next-generation enterprise SSD (or eSSD), at the recent 2019 OCP Global Summit in San Jose, CA. US.